Monday, September 17, 2012

Cattle Congress 2012 Entries and Results!!

What 2 post in 1 nite?!?!? I know, I know.... But hey, I'm on a roll here and do it while it's fresh!

Magic of Oz purse 3rd Place
So yesterday Cattle Congress ended. It's a bigger fair than The Big Four Fair in my community, so I decide since I did well at my fair I'd dip my toe into a bigger pool! LOL! My family and I went on the last day,oh the anxiety of not knowing how I did ALL weeklong!!! First  thing we did was go to the Ag Building where all the Home Arts were displayed along with the Horticulture and Vegetables. So 1st table we went to was the Wood crafting table where my Graphic 45 Magic of Oz purse was on display.....   Yep as you can see there's a ribbon there!! 3rd Place!! Whoo- Hoo!! My 1st "Ribbon" Ribbon!! LOL!!  So let the hunt for the other 7 entries begin!!

Under the Weather card 3rd Place
We crossed the building to where all the Home Art were displayed... It was a great turn out this year they had over 400 entries and it was double what was entered last year!! That is so awesome- That people are out there crafting and are courageous enough to proudly show what they have created! (It took me long enough!!) So the next we spotted was my Under the Weather card.... I spy another 3rd!! Ok this is great, another ribbon!! It's validation that I'm good enough to be here, and I say that in all honesty and humility. I sometimes wonder if what I think I do is as good as what is produced out there in craft/scrapworld... Oh well, I think I'll get over this now....
Beloved Album 1st Place!!!!
Two down Six to go! Oooh! Very close to the card was my next entry!! It was my Beloved Album, and it really is my Beloved Album- I love this album!! I made half of it in a class with Donna Downey and the other half I did on my own and had a great time doing this album- It is my baby! Love, Love, LOVE  this Album!! Its a Canvas Album I painted the- whole thing- everypage! There are iron-ons in it, lace, ribbon, trim, Prima flowers- I will do a post on the album in the future! LOL! Anyways- 1st PLACE!!! Yay!!! AWESOME!! And what do I see in the corner of my picture here? It looks like another one of my entries!!!

Once Upon a Sprintime Music Box 1st Place!!!
Yep it's my cigar box that I remade into a Music Box! Done with Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime paper, Prima (LOVE Prima flowers!) flowers, and Tim Holtz box legs (love those legs!). And... YEP! That's another 1st place BLUE RIBBON!!! I'm-a likin this Cattle Congress- fair!! Yay, yay, YAY!! The Music box I bought at Goodwill in Waverly (it was broke) and took it out of its shell and put it in this cigar box. It plays Somewhere My Love- from Dr. Zhivago. The box's theme is overall about fairies. The hunt is still on-going next up is just around the corner..... 




There is my Graphic 45 Alice in Wonderland clock and alas.... it didn't place.... I was kinda surprised at this one- I love this clock but it's a bit on the funky side maybe even a bit fuggly (but I like fuggly things) Oh, well I guess you can't (win) place them all! The hunt continues! The next target isn't far away! 5 down- 3 to go!


The next entry is my Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess Recipe Box. This was a plain wooden box bought at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section- it is broke- one of the post-hinges is broke but I fixed it with a toothpick (I love a bargin)! I was so on the fence in entering this- really on the fence but I figured I'll enter it it's free to enter so why not? I'm glad I did!! WOW!! Another 1st PLACE BLUE RIBBON!! Down to the last 2 entries both of my scrapbooking pages!
As we walked along the displays looking at gorgeous quilts, wall-hangings, and various other items we arrived at the scrapbooking section- really nervous- I know my pages were way simple but they were neat and I liked them... 1st up Dusty and Lorena's Wedding scrapbooking page..... didn't place I love this photo, paper, and the overall colors of this page! but alas, it didn't place but Scrapbooking is just 1 catagory- an overall catagory and you can only win once in each catagory and What's that yep I entered twice in the catagory because the rules were kinda worded wierdly so they let me enter twice- AND here's why the wedding page didn't place......

Molly and Wendy's Halloween did!!! Not only did it place- it got (drum-roll please!!!) 1st PLACE ANOTHER BLUE RIBBON!!! OMG!! NO WAY!!! My Dad (Both my parents were with me) says, "It's the dogs that got you that blue ribbon, they'll do it everytime. They're that cute!" Ha-Ha-Ha!! Love my Dad's humor! LOL!! But also if you notice my Mom made the suggestion that I take off my handwritten journaling or title and re-do it on the computer.... She (my Mom) said, "I wonder if it did make a difference? Great Job, I'm so proud of you!"

So OMG! I think I may just go all out and maybe do it big time and enter the "Big Show" The Iowa State Fair!! I'm overwhelmed with how I did do at Cattle Congress (Four 1st places, Two 3rd places, and Two non-placers)- honestly I was thinking I'd maybe get 1 ribbon and a 3rd place at that!  There were alot of talented people that entered beautiful items, if you were able to view them- I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did and those who didn't get the chance (and live in the area) please go and look at how much talent local people around have.... you might be surprised!

Thanks for viewing my Cattle Congress fair entries I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into what they had to offer and hope you all go next year to see the next year's entries!!

As always,
Have a Scrappy Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment