Sunday, April 8, 2012

April Showers bring Garage Cleaning???

Hello all!! Yep its me! Ha, Ha, of course it's me! 

Here's what's been going on in my world!

1) Finishing a Baby Boy Album for my cousin in New York!

2) Starting a Wedding Album for my cousin in DesMoines! YAY!! (something other than a baby album!!)

3) Getting stuff together for a Baby Album for my aforementioned cousin in DesMoines! (boy or girl? hmmm.....)

4) Cleaning in and out my garage!

5) Getting ready for a garage sale!!

6) Moving garage sale stuff up from the basement to the garage.


First table in my garage to be filled with stuff for my upcoming sale!

Been alot of stuffed burned (10 bags) and 1 pickup load sent to the dump so far!

Now after all this garage work is over I will be getting my craft room done!!  I haven't had the time or materials to start on it since I moved into my house almost 5 years ago!  All my craft stuff was just "put" in there willy-nilly and its so unorganized. I have most to all of my scrapbooking stuff upstairs in my spare bedroom and some in the dining room.  It's starting to over run my living areas so something needs to change here and I need some breathing room again. 

Yep as you can see it really needs help! I have a floor loom (my moms), 2 shelving units in dark brown, a section of old kitchen cupboards, various small shelves, 2 sets of wooden towers, 3 rolling table carts, a white wicker bakers rack, and a stand that was built for a scroll saw- will be my cricut's home! There is stuff in here that is so not supposed to be too!

So EVERYTHING in my craft room is being moved out so the walls can be painted! I'm a firm believer in thrifting and am a cheap person at heart- I'll spend money on what I can't get cheap!  I bought 2 gallons of Bher Premium paint at St.Vincent DePauls thrift store for $2.50 a gallon 1 is full the other is 3/4ths full. One is eggshell the other is satin both are a pale mint green- so pale that you'd need a swatch of white to see they were green! The 3/4ths gallon is getting a pint of sage green glaze added to it to darken the color (I got the pint at another thrift store-Trinkets n' Togs for a $1.  LOVE MY GREENS!! That is going to be on my fire brick exterior wall (foundation wall) it will be painted on with on of those two-in-one rolller kits to make a mottled sponge painted effect on the wall (Paint roller kit Brand new $3 at Trinkets n' Togs).  The Interior walls will be wall papered with-you guessed it wall paper from a thrift store! $1.50 each for 3 big rolls and $1 each for 2 roll of border paper! It's a cute paper of crafty witches in light and medium lavenders.  I have 2 rolls of the checkerboard lavenders and 1 or the lavender and pink striped accent and 2 rolls of the crafty witches with trees border!
My cute wallpaper!

I have a couple of big old shelving units that are from the 80's I might paint them in one of the green colors probly the darker but I don't know yet, they are a dark wood veneer now might just see how they look with the paint and paper job. I also have a old "built in" kitchen cabinets in there too! They will be painted! in the darker green color it's only about 4ft of cabinet 2 upper doors with shelves above and 1 lower and 3 drawers beside it. After the paint and paper job comes the linoleum for the flooring!  My mom got these for me at either a garage sale, thrift store, or an auction- all I know is they (6 rolls) were cheaply bought and its some of her contribution to the craft room!  The Lino looks like light hardwood flooring and should add some warmth to the room! Then before I start to move things back into the newly done craft room the pool table thats out in my garage has to come downstairs through the craft room into the spare bedroom that will then become the pool table/game room! It'll probably be on it's side for awhile till everything is put back into the craft room and organized at the same time! Then the pool table will be set up and ready for some fun billards playtime! 
Whew, lotta work to be done but the outcome should be awesome!!  My goal is to have a craft room where friends can come and crop with me and have fun too! My basement has a full working kitchen too! Gotta work on that basement bathroom.... Oh yes and it's already been deemed the froggy bathroom! lol!

Last fun tidbits:
A few treasures I have found cleaning in my garage!

So here is my WalMart Associate of the month mug, Wicket the Ewok, and my first pair of scissors Wonder Woman!!

Y'all have a Crafty Day now!! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment