Friday, April 27, 2012

Packing for Scrapping!

Morning all!
Topic for the day is:
Packing for Scrapping!!

So most of us probably have done this and more than once I suspect.... Packing for scrapping either for a class, crop, or a retreat.  This is my procedure while packing.

So first depending on whether its a class, crop, or retreat is deciding what will be worked on..... or needed to take for the class situation. 

Classes:
Most of the supplies are provided and/or you will have a supply list of materials need to buy.  I usually use my smallest scrapbooking rolling tote for classes that I need to bring materials to.

Things I always take along:
-paper trimmer (Fiskars)
-my small detail sicssors (Fiskars)
-steel edge corkbacked ruler
-a glue runner (Glue Arts Pro Glider)
-craft knife (Tonic Studio's retractable)
-Beacons 3-n-1 glue (Absolutely a MUST HAVE!!)
-Drinks and snacks (if allowed) (Fanta orange pop, Mike n' Ikes, and Cool Ranch Doritos!)

Day/Nite Crop:
Depending on if its an all day crop or just a 6hr nite crop can really change what you will take to work on! Lol! I used to take too much and didn't work on 3/4th of it!  But I liked the choices of what to work on sometimes... Sometimes it was taking up time deciding what to work on and moving this and that outta the way.  Now I make myself only take what I need to get done first. Yes, this does take away my choices but I'm also getting my tasks done and not taking un-needed things along that just basicaly are taking a ride my car and I'm lugging to the crop.
I have all my projects in those hard plastic 12x12 cases. Deping on how big or small I they're either in small Art Bin or Iris case. I love this system! I just grab the case I want and slide it into my big rolling tote. I can fit 2 Iris cases and a small Art bin case in the front section and the back is reserved for my other supplies.  I have a crop in style shoulder bag that has only my cardstock in it. This way I know I have all my card stock with me at all times! 

Things I take along:
-project that needs get done 1st (this includes all the paper, stamps, embelishments, trims, etc...)
-my inks (liquid chalk-Color box & Tim Holtz's Distress Inks)
-ink blender tool and extra pads (Ink Essentials)
-punches edge &/or regular (if wanted/needed)
-extra glue for my glue runner (Glue Arts Pro Glider)
-Cricut Expression (take only if there is'nt one provided or if the one provided is to be used alot)
-Cricut Cartridges in an Art Bin (which ones I take depends on what will be there to use or not there)
-extra page protectors (if my project is album based)
-Album (if project is album based)
-Xyron sticker maker (small cut-outs are hard to stick down!)
-Copics (if needed/wanted)
-Crop-a-dile and eyelets (if needed/wanted)
-treats to share (I like to do this! Cookies and cupcakes are a fav to bring!)
-my idea book (book I jot down ideas and sketches for my projects.)

Retreat:
Almost a no-holds-barred situation... lol! But no, like the day/nite crop I'm still containing myself I will bring 1 to 2 projects to do depending greatly on how big the 1st project is. What to bring is my two previous lists and maybe adding my other small rolling tote for the 2nd project if it won't fit in my huge bag.

Things I take along:
-my laptop
-clothing! lol!!
-camera (my cell phone has an awesome camera but you never know when you'll need a regular one!)

I hope this helps all of you out there wether you attend or are thinking of attending a scrapbooking activity. Its always fun to be with others that enjoy what we do.  I always come away with something more than my accomplished projects- ideas, friends, encourgement.... alot!  Oooh warm fuzzies all around!! lol....

So comment on what you do- maybe you have an idea that I could incorporate into my own!
Have a scrappy crafty day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment